Brett Vassey, VMA president and CEO joined us and had some nice things to say. "STIHL represents the 'platinum standard' in world class manufacturing. Showcasing this company's facilities, employees, achievements and leadership was the highlight of Virginia Manufacturing Appreciation Week."
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
This year Sixty-five people from various backgrounds, careers, and interests, came together in October for the STIHL Tour des Trees, an annual cycling event that fundraises for the Tree Research and Education Endowment (TREE) Fund.
Photo Credit: David Hucker
By week’s end, the group had cycled more than 500 miles from
Virginia Beach to , taught elementary school children along the way about the value of trees, and raised more than $460,000 for tree research – a record-breaking amount for the TREE Fund! Washington, D.C.
Since the Tour began in 1992, more than 970 riders have helped generate more than $5 million for tree research and education programs which have helped fund a host of different projects that have addressed disease and pest management, urban planting challenges, tree biomechanics and workforce safety.
Each year, the STIHL Tour des Trees travels a different route through the country, and this year’s Tour featured tree plantings in Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello and the state Capitol grounds in Richmond and 65 miles of spectacular cycling along the
Blue Ridge Mountains.
Photo Credit: Helen Steussy
Next year, the STIHL Tour des Trees takes on Oregon and will trek through high desert of Central Oregon to the craggy, foggy coast. Douglas firs, Mt. Hood and the spectacular Columbia Gorge.
To join or donate (donations can still be made to the TREE Fund!) visit the STIHL Tour des Trees website.
Photo Credit: Helen Steussy
As a leader in the outdoor power equipment industry we believe that it is our duty to set the example in sustainability and continue to invest in innovative technologies, programs and partnerships as part of our ongoing commitment to socially responsible environmental stewardship. The STIHL Tour des Trees is one such partnership and we are proud to be the title sponsor.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
10 Reasons to Choose a STIHL Chain Saw
We believe that our chain saws are legendary because of the quality and performance they provide to their owners year after year. And while many other manufacturers may choose to rest on the reputation of their past success, we continue to push forward, always improving our chain saws and continually challenging ourselves to meet the needs of tomorrow. Because becoming a legend is one thing, but remaining one is something else entirely. Here are 10 reasons why we think you should choose a STIHL:
4) A warranty worthy of the STIHL name – Our dependable saws are also backed by a dependable warranty, giving you peace of mind with your purchase. Plus, you may be eligible to double your warranty on your next chain saw purchase!
5) A saw for nearly every job – Whether you need to cut firewood or do precision pruning, there is a STIHL chain saw for you. And you can easily compare STIHL chain saw models to ensure you’ll get just what you need. Not sure where to start in choosing the right one for you? Try our chain saw selector.
7) Service after the sale – With in-store parts and service by certified technicians, your STIHL Dealer can help you keep your equipment running strong.
8) Online tools available 24/7 – From product manuals to tips and how-to information, STIHL provides a vast array of online resources for STIHL owners. Plus, our video library delivers detailed visual instruction on features, operation, maintenance, and protective apparel.
10) A commitment to the environment and those working to sustain it – We are dedicated to developing products that are environmentally responsible and are proud to feature some of the cleanest running handheld outdoor power equipment available today. Combined with our continued partnerships, we look to lead the industry in ensuring a cleaner environment in the future.
For a STIHL dealer near you use the dealer locator at http://www.stihlusa.com/